Friday, September 23, 2016

Jerry from Seven Mile Creek

While sorting through some old newspaper clippings in the library, I read an article that references the book "Jerry of Seven Mile Creek"......a book that I was not familiar with at all.  Knowing that Seven Mile Creek is another name for Lamartine, I was curious, So of course, I had to look it up.  It was written in 1938 by Elmer E Ferris.

I found a used copy on Amazon, and have to say, it was fun reading.  If you like the 'Little House' series of books, you will truly enjoy this book, especially the fond du lac references. Really a great read that I highly recommend to anyone who likes history.  Not sure if I will donate my copy to our library yet, or keep it for myself for a while, that's how much I enjoyed it!

Hope that I can find more old books with a local setting. (Yes, we do have several copies of Seventeenth Summer).

No comments:

Post a Comment