Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Beginnings

In Aug. 2013, the Fond du Lac Historical Society asked me to re-open their research library, located in the Blakely Museum.  I am a local history buff, genealogist, artist, and retired grandma, and the prospect of opening the library was very exciting.
Right now I am spending all of my spare time just going through every cabinet and bookshelf, trying to familiarize myself with all that is there.  What a daunting challenge.
So far the surprises have been finding some very old Sears-Roebuck catalogs, and some extremely old cookbooks.  Many more file cabinets to go!
I already have some new donations to catalog, and the library isn't open yet.

Stay tuned.  I will let you know when the doors are open again.
tracy

1 comment:

  1. Happy to hear you have plunged into learning resources --both old and new-- in that library. Hope you will publish notes about what you find, when you can... I have wanted to explore the library again myself, for ages. Best of luck, and can we help in some way?

    ReplyDelete